Ice Cream Bread
Ice Cream Bread has become one of my family’s favorite recipes. Making fresh bread can be a hassle. Many people find the unique requirement of bread making intimidating and complicated. What if I could show you a way to make bread at home, with two simple ingredients (plus any extra morsels that you choose to add – but strictly optional). This recipe is gratifying, pleasing and quite tasty. You will re-consider home bread baking once you have tried this. And best of all, the variations are endless. Ice cream bread is so easy, no more kneading, no waiting for the ingredients to rise, and a lot less mess. You need a few ingredients to get started. With the simple steps and ingredients, you can be a master bread maker and an almost endless variation of tastes.
Some variations that you may want to consider are mint chocolate ice cream bread, chocolate moose tracks bread, cinnamon ice cream bread, or coffee ice cream bread. I would love to get comments from you about variations that you may have tried.
Here are the ingredients
For the ice cream bread:
1 pint (2 cups) softened ice cream (any ice cream can be used, but low-fat & fat-free ice cream do not work as well)
1¼ cup self-rising flour
¼ cup rainbow sprinkles
¼ cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350˚F
2. Combine softened ice cream and self-rising flour. Mix thoroughly.
3. Add the chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, heath chips, m and m’s, mini reeces cups or any morsel that you may like to the batter.
4. Spray a loaf pan with a nonstick spray.
5. Spread batter evenly in pan.
6. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
7. Cool before cutting. (but if you cut carefully, I love to serve it slightly warm)
8. Enjoy the easiest bread recipe ever!